Thursday, January 13, 2011

No More WotC Plastic Minis

I guess I'm late to the party, but I just read an announcement over at The Weirdlands of Xhuul that WotC has cancelled their line of pre-painted plastic minis.

I have mixed feelings about this.

Most of the minis looked ridiculous and were unusable in an old-school game. However, I did accumulate a fair number of them over time, specifically those that held same understated-not-heroic aesthetic of my game.

In hindsight, I'm glad I returned to painting my own miniatures, especially covering all may bases with the OW monsterous humanoids.

So, many of the WotC minis I couldn't use, but I am sad to see them go.

3 comments:

  1. I have an off the wall question about your Meatshields generator, but I wanted to know if I could contact you offline about it - either you or cr0m... could you email me at chgowiz at gmail, please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tend to have "imaginative" uses for minis anyway so having a bugbear that looks exactly like an old school bugbear is not super important. I use the plastic figs because I got a bunch cheap and they are very little effort to store.

    ReplyDelete