Thursday, November 5, 2009

Score!: Genadier Hirelings



I recently found a set of the Grenadier Hirelings for a great price on Ebay - and I'm really excited to put them to use. This particular set has never been used. Very cool.

In the 80s and the 90s we never used hirelings - ever. I'm not really sure why. I suppose that's why I was fascinated with this specific set of miniatures.

Since I've come back to the game, I've read many posts about the use of hirelings and henchmen and think they certainly add fun and flavour to the game.

The other reason why I'm excited is that I've slowly been adding new or new-old miniatures to my collection in anticipation of painting. I'd like to paint these for play, not display purposes.

Given my professional and family schedule I don't anticipate starting until sometime in the new year, but in the meantime I'll get all the supplies and tools together.

My favorite miniatures are definitely the Citadel slotted metal series from the 80s. I picked up a unique set of those recently, but I'll save that discussion for my next post.

1 comment: