Thursday, January 5, 2012

Barrowmaze: Interior Art I

When I first thought of rewriting the Barrowmaze for publication, I had a short list of artists I wanted to help bring it to life. Stefan Poag was at the top of the list.

Stefan is a wonderful person to work with, and we certainly share the same aesthetic view of fantasy role-playing. I've argued here before that art communicates and forwards ideology, and the illustrations for this project will celebrate the Old School. I specifically like art that depicts common PC activities or tasks, and this wonderful piece by Poag is no exception.



More art and detail to follow in the coming days, so stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Cool. It looks good. Poag definitely captures the old-school vibe, and he's a good guy to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. Looks to be the year of the megadungeon!

    ReplyDelete