Saturday, August 25, 2012

The OSR Is Dead? Well Don't Tell Me...

I have to say, I really fucking hate these "OSR is dead" posts. They are shortsighted and bloody stupid. The original poster strikes me as somebody who likes attention, rather than making much sense. Anyway, for the record -- don't believe the hype.

Speaking for the OSR being alive and well, here's an update on BMII:

Dice: All the dice are in hand. Check.
Poster Map: the final poster map is 26x30. They are in press right now,
Illustration Booklets: Layout is complete. I hope to send these to the printer this week.
Dicebags: I hope to have all the bags complete this week.
BMII: Layout is complete. Just reviewing and revising for final edits.

Anyway, this project is moving well and on-time. There are a few more moving parts, but minus any issues, these should be in the mail by the end of October or the beginning of November. I'll update as needed.

9 comments:

  1. Awesome. Will the Barrowmaze I hardcovers go out with them at the same time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like things are moving along, looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "The OSR is Dead" posts I read kinda confused me, I'll leave the posts at that, for the OSR is very much alive.

    Best of luck with Barrowmaze II and we should be seeing some OSR goodnbess from WotC hopefully sooner than later.

    I would very much like to consider an affordable copy of the Rules Compendium.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Chad, hopefully you are talking reprints and electronic copies cause 5th doesn't do it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. But what happened to Barrowmaze I? Can't find the pdf on Drivethrurpg/Rpg Now? What gives? I've got $6.66 for ya...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Chaz,

    BMI is getting a much needed edit and facelift.

    Don't worry, it will be back up shortly. Can you hold out a couple days?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice indeed. Looking forward to it. Thanks for the info an long life to the OSR!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great article! All the articles you have, they enjoy reading and learning a lot. Your article is very helpful for me. I hope you will continue to write such good articles as well.
    seo services in pakistan
    seo company in dubai
    digital marketing in pakistan
    pakistani chat room

    ReplyDelete