Sunday, December 26, 2010

D12


Seems there's no love for the d12 in the early editions of D&D.

This is one of the few things I lament about old school play.

I really prefer a game that uses all the polyhedrons, simply for variety sake. I really do get bored of rolling d6s.

So, I'm toying with the idea of raising the damage of either the Halberd or the Two-handed sword from 1d10 to d12. If it was AD&D the variable damage vs L sized creatures would remove the need, but because were playing a B/X-AD&D hybrid I'm stuck.

Does anyone have any constructive suggestions to incorporate the d12?

Cheers.

6 comments:

  1. Dang, it really is a neglected hedron. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. I prefer a low power game but I want to incorporate it somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Use a d12 for initiative, scattering grenades. approach directions of outdoor encounters, a roll to open really tough dungeons doors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could throw them at unruly players.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use it for all my random tables. I now make it a rule that all the random tables in my games are d12-based.

    (Begin blog pimping)
    I've also started posting them to my blog every Thursday.
    (/Blog pimping)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Using them as ranged attacks should give me at least a +1 at short range.

    ReplyDelete