Sunday, December 19, 2010

Northern Reaches Session 7 and Painted Miniatures

First, session number 7 of our Northern Reaches campaign took place on Friday and the report is available at Red Box Niagara. This was the final short-ish session of the Tomb of the Iron God adventure.

Switching gears, I haven't done much painting in the last two months largely because I've been sick with a lung flu/cold that reappears every other week (or so it seems). Also the fall term really picks up speed at my university and there's just no extra time. I did manage to paint a couple PCs recently. This is a mixed bag of both Ral Partha (bought from Ironwind Metals, they are great guys), Citadel, and one Red Box Miniature.

Not sure if I will get to post before Christmas so I want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas. We have our Northern Reaches Mega Session (looks like B1 is the leader in the clubhouse) before the New Year and I'll post that undoubtedly longish session summary not long thereafter. All the best.

Click to Embiggen

Ral Partha:


Ral Partha:


Red Box:


Ral Partha:


Citadel:


Ral Partha:


Ral Partha:


Citadel:


Citadel: I really love this miniature. He looks like he should be on the cover of a module painted by Pete Mullen or Erol Otus.

7 comments:

  1. Those figures look really sharp! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cleric. Have one of 'em myself. Probably owned most of these at one point or another. Man, now I feel old.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, that wasn't the intent :)

    I LOVE using these in my LL game. Brings the whole thing to life. I wish I had the money to play with minis 25 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these. Collecting and painting miniatures is my main obsession these days and I've been repainting a lot of my old Ral Parthas that I'd originally painted with glossy Testors enamel when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicely done. I agree, the knight with the buckethead helm has a great high fantasy look about him. I also dig the warrior with the crossbow - you can also hear him think "I'd better get this cranked before that gnoll tears into me!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like how your highlights pop out. It would be really cool sometime if you'd post about your painting techniques... unless you've already done that?

    ReplyDelete