Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Monster Suggestions (Revised)

OK, thanks to the commentors I've revised my list of monsters for an adventure I'm going to work on in the coming weeks. I'd like to create an introductory adventure (you can never really have enough of those), but this list looks more like a level 2-4ish senario. Again, I want the themes of rot and corruption to come out in the monsters.

Human Cultists (maybe, subject to plot)
Slimes/oozes/molds/puddings
Shambling mound
Otyugh
Myconids
Phycomid
Yellow Musk Creepers
Yellow Musk Zombie
Water Weird (fouled water)
mongrelmen
Olive Slime/Slime Creature
Needleman
Son of Kyuss
Shrieker
Violet Fungi
Rot Grubs
Mummy
Zombies
Carrion Crawler

3 comments:

  1. Have you thought about creating a "rotten" or "corrupted" template that would give a creature the feel and elements you are looking for? Then you could use any monster you want. Most of the monsters in the list seem a bit powerful for 1st level characters. Just a thought! Hope the adventure turns out well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, too powerful for 1st level. Likely a 2-4 deal or something like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hm I like the template idea, templates are good, and the monsters I do recognize do look a bit challenging..

    ReplyDelete